Think you got what it takes to be in the fabric industry? Well, here’s your chance for the perfect opportunity. Eagle Fabrics is hiring a production assistant. If you or anyone you know is qualified for the position, please email email@example.com. Here are the details..
The Production/Administrative Assistant supports the office staff in fabric production. This individual is also responsible for projecting a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction and therefore must be cheerful, friendly and have good verbal skills. This is a startup position that is a crucial link in the fabric production chain. Therefore, the candidate must have reliable attendance to ensure that production is not delayed. There is plenty of room for growth for those who excel in this position. This is not a design oriented position but some production experience definitely a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sends lab dips to dye houses and follows up with customer to get approval
2. Enters data in our textile software, Omnis 7 to receive finished goods. (10key by touch is a preferred skill)
3. Enters new client data in Omnis 7
4. Makes credit card receipt copies and distributes to the Production Coordinator and billing coordinator.
5. Request for fabric swatches to be cut as needed and keeps a record of distribution using Microsoft Excel
6. Coordinates the delivery of sample yardage to customers.
7. Creates and attaches packing slips to completed work orders
8. Ensures that all headers are available in the showroom
10. Ensures showroom is in presentable condition at all times
11. Send out all requested swatches to customer
12. Faxes order reports and charge confirmations to customers for signature
13. Updates company blog
14. Greets customers at the front desk and offers beverages to customers who visit showroom
15. Answers the phone and direct calls to the appropriate dept
16. Answers all received emails in a timely manner
17. Maintenance of coffee area/lunch room supplies
When replying to the ad, in the subject line mention if you have textile, clothing or production experience in any industry. These will be read first.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Accurate and fast 10-key by touch is preferred but not required
2. Detail oriented, organizational and follow up skills a MUST
3. Knowledge of textile industry a plus but not required
4. Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Excel) and Internet savvy
5. Ability to prioritize, work on multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, and meet deadlines.
6. Verbal and written communication skills.
7. Interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to work in a team environment with a professional demeanor.
10. Knowledge of Omnis 7 preferred
Reports to: Project Manager
Credentials and Experience: High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
Special Requirements: Minimum 2-3 years work experience in a complex office environment