Eagle Fabrics is seeking a Knitting Department Coordinator.
Eagle Fabrics, a division of SFO Impact, Inc., is a wholesale fabric company that prides itself in fulfilling the knitting, dyeing, finishing, and printing needs of the apparel manufacturer. Established in 1988, Eagle Fabrics has distinguished itself as a leader in innovation and quality in knitted textile fabrication. We are recognized for being up to date on the latest advances in the textile industry and constantly strive to maintain and improve our level of expertise. http://www.eaglefabrics.com
The Knitting Department Coordinator oversees the knitting of greige goods to the finished fabric. In addition, the Knitting Department Coordinator is responsible for balancing yarn purchases with greige goods receiving and participates in fabric style research and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes yarn purchases, issues knit orders, coordinates the transfer of yarn to
knitters, and oversees timely knitting completion of greige goods.
2. Ensures all yarn is accounted for after knitting and closes knit orders.
3. Plans and manages timely delivery of greige goods from the knitter to the dye house.
4. Inputs data regarding yarn purchase orders, yarn transfers, and greige goods receiving
in Omnis 7.
5. Creates yarn codes and formulates style numbers for fabrics in development.
6. Requests fabric analysis from knitters to determine if a fabric can be replicated.
7. Creates debit memos and completes charge backs to yarn suppliers and knitters
in the case of unaccountable yarn or defective greige goods.
8. Files invoices once orders are completed and closed.
9. Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of the knitting textile process and equipment.
2. Computer literate.
3. Verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple job orders, and meet deadlines.
5. Detail oriented with organizational skills.
6. Ability to work in a team environment with a professional demeanor.
7. Knowledge of Omnis 7 (preferred).
Experience: Minimum of one-year prior experience in the knitting textile industry is mandatory.
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Salary DOE.
Eagle Fabrics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.